December 22, 2014

Wig review 3

 Celestia Ludenburg Wig Review

Hello there my awesome readers! I am back after how many months I guess?  Anyway, I am going to review about my Celestia Ludenburg wig.

First off, Celes' wig is probably one of the most difficult wigs to find (except you would voluntarily style it (and it is a bit tedious).  As I was searching for wigs over at taobao, There were two brands that I chose from, Kucos and Lucaille. 
Celestia Ludenburg from Danganronpa

Lucaille's reference photo

Kucos' reference photo


Pro's for Kucos' wig:

1. cheaper than Lucaille
2. larger curls

Pro's for Lucaille wig:
1. curls are clip-ons
2. wig's quality was already tested by myself

I was in dilemma on what to choose for my cosplay but good thing that Ms. Ying Tze cosplayed Celes and I asked her, what brand did she used in her cosplay and luckily, she was very kind to answer my query.  She used Lucaille.  Then I bought the Lucaille wig.  Attached below is the actual photos of the wigs when I received them.


The base wig was placed in a zip lock while the clip-ons were put in another container

The base wig has wig net

The scalp part

Lucaille wigs HAVE tags


The clip-on

The clip in the clip-on is pretty cute compared to the regular Miku Hatsune clip-on
The base wig was pretty thick but not very thick and it looks exactly like the reference photo.  The clip-ons were stiff.  It seems that the strands were glued.  In addition, the clip-ons are hard to "destroy" due to its stiffness.

      Overall,  the Lucaille version of Celes is great despite of its expensiveness but its accuracy and quality did not failed me.

        That's it everyone! I hope I could help those cosplayers who want to portray Celes but having a difficulty in choosing the right wig for her.

Have a good night~!






Next up: Contact lens review.  Stay tuned~!

No comments:

Post a Comment